Friday, January 18, 2013

Mama Mia Meatball Soup

5 Trader Joe Flame Broiled Turkey Meatballs or 10 Butterball Italian Style Turkey Meatballs or 5 Jennie-O Homestyle Meatballs (1 Lean)
1 cup Great Value Italian diced tomatoes, less than 5 g of carbs per 1/2 cup (2 Greens)

1/2 cup zucchini, chopped (1 Green)
1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth (1 1/2 Condiments)

1/8 tsp black pepper (1/4 Condiment)

1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves (1/4 Condiment)

Directions:
Heat meatballs in microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. I did this so I could cut the meatballs in 4 pieces. You could place them in the saucepan whole, if desired.

Puree diced tomatoes in a small chopper, blender or magic bullet until desired consistency. I did it for about 5 seconds so that it resembled more of a sauce than chunks of tomatoes.

Combine meatballs, zucchini, tomatoes, beef broth and basil in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.

 1 Lean, 3 Greens and 2 Condiments